How to Make: Baked Penne Pasta with Spinach
How to: Baked Penne Pasta with Spinach
Pasta is my all time, I can eat it basically every day! This is super easy to make and is even better the next day!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes enough for 6-8
1 box of 100% whole grain penne pasta
1 can of your favorite pasta sauce
1 can of diced tomatoes (I used fire roasted)
1 bag of mozzarella cheese (vegan or regular)
2 cups of spinach
Seasonings: basil, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, red crushed pepper
Rinse Spinach and chop it up
Preheat oven to 375
Gather all of your seasonings
1. Boil pasta for 10 min or until the texture is soft. Beforehand add a teaspoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper to the water for flavoring. Drain pasta.
2. Heat pasta sauce and add the can of diced tomatoes.
3. Season the sauce with basil, pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, red crushed pepper. Stir occasionally for about 5-7 mins.
4. Add the pasta to the sauce then mix it all together.
5. Get a deep dish pan and lightly coat it with olive oil.
6. Add a layer of pasta.
7. Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
8. Add a layer of spinach.
9. Continue steps 5-7 until you run out of pasta. Your top layer should be mozzarella cheese.
10. Bake for 20 mins and let cool for 5-10.
11. Garnish pasta with basil, feta cheese, or whatever you like. Add a side of veggies to make the meal complete!
Tell me what you think and let me know what other recipes you would like for me to make!