How to Make: Burrito Bowl
I love making this burrito bowl! It’s so easy to make and is very delicious!
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Makes enough for 2
2 cups of brown rice
1 can of black beans
3 bell peppers (green, red, yellow, or orange)
2 cups of baby Bella mushrooms
Shredded romaine lettuce ( I used a salad mix )
1 pack of low sodium taco seasoning
Pico de gallo
1 cup of frozen sweet corn
Guacamole and salsa if you’re into that
Seasoning: Pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika
*For my meat eaters, add your favorite organic meat
Olive oil for sauteing vegetables
Chipotle Sauce ( I use Hidden Valley)
1. Wash and rinse all vegetables.
2. Chop all vegetables into edible pieces. (Please be safe lol)
3. Gather all of your seasonings
1. Boil rice for ten minutes. Addpepper and salt to water for flavoring. Drain rice.
2. Repeat step 1 for making the corn.
3. Add a small amount of water to a pot and add the can black beans. Cook for about 7 minutes while stirring occasionally. Drain beans.
4. Get a non-stick frying pan, add olive oil, and then add heat.
5. Take your chopped bell peppers and add them to the frying pan when the oil is hot enough.
6. Saute and season the bell peppers with pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika. After sauting for about 5 minutes add water some of the taco seasonings to the peppers. Let this simmer for about 5-7 minutes or until there is a thicker consistency. Stir occasionally.
7. Repeat step 6 when sauting the mushrooms or with organic meat (cook meat until it is well done).
7. Add rice, black beans, corn, cooked veggies (meat), chopped lettuce, pico de gallo, chipotle sauce, and whatever else you desire to a bowl and enjoy!
Tell me what you think and let me know what other recipes you would like for me to make!